The 2011 UBBI National Finals is just around the corner. This year’s crowning event will be held in Winnie, Texas at the Nutty Jerry’s Entertainment Complex on October 13 – 15. With only two events remaining on this season’s schedule, there’s still an opportunity for breeders to grab a Finals spot.
The final event in the Midwest Region will be held in Hillsboro, Wisconsin on September 4th. This is a co-sanctioned event with the Midwest Bucking Bull Association and UBBI Northern Region members will receive Northern Region points at this event toward qualifying for the UBBI National Finals. The last UBBI regular season event will be in Winnie, Texas on September 16 – 17.
Entries are now open for the FINAL event in Winnie until Tuesday, September 6th, because of the Labor Day Holiday.
UBBI National Finals qualifiers will be determined by money won. The Top 50 Futurity, Derby and Classic bulls, based on money won, will compete at the UBBI National Finals. The Top 30 bulls ranked Nationally and the Top 20 bulls ranked Regionally will qualify. If a Regionally ranked bull is in the Top 30 National standings, that bull will qualify Nationally allowing the next available bull from that Region to move up and qualify. After the Top 4 Regionally qualified bulls have been determined, if any Finals positions are available the next highest ranked bull Nationally will move up and qualify.
Click HERE for the UBBI National Finals schedule and details.
The 2011 Black Gold Derby Entries Close September 2nd
The 2011 Black Gold UBBI Derby will be held in Duncan, Oklahoma on September 23rd & 24th. This event will be limited to 100 entries with fees of $1,350. A total of $100,000 will be paid back and 1st place will pay $25k (with 100 entries). This event will pay 25 places. The 2011 Black Gold UBBI Derby will offer participants an opportunity to obtain up to 1 of 75 “Lifetime” positions or 1 of 25 “Lottery” positions. A “Lifetime” position will be defined as an entry position in the control of participant as long as he uses that position to enter a Derby bull each year. The owner of that position can use, sell, partner or lease the position, but the original owner of record is in control of that position until sold to another participant. All sales, partnerships and / or lease agreements must be of record at the UBBI office to be official. A “Lottery” position will be defined as a position that is obtained by random draw for participation one time each year. Applications for “Lifetime” and “Lottery” positions for the 2011 Black Gold UBBI Derby MUST be mailed and RECEIVED in the UBBI office by Friday, September 2nd at 5pm.
Lifetime & Lottery Positions will be determined as follows:
- Applications for the 2011 Black Gold UBBI Derby will be accepted ONLY between Monday, August 8th and Friday, September 2nd (5 Days Only). All applications MUST be received before 5 pm on Friday, September 2nd and be accompanied by PERSONAL CHECK or CASHIER’S CHECK or paid by CREDIT CARD to be a valid application.
- Applications will include a completed entry form and a deposit of $675 (50% of entry fee), and must be received between Monday, August 8th and Friday, September 2nd. All entry applications must be from an Individual Participant or Ranch. An Individual or Ranch can apply for only one position. Entries are NOT first come first serve. All applications will be placed into a random draw after entries close at 5pm on Friday, September 2, 2011.
- If MORE than 100 Black Gold UBBI Derby positions are applied for, positions will be filled as follows: The first 75 applicants randomly drawn will receive a “Lifetime” position. The next 25 applicants randomly drawn will receive a “Lottery” position. An additional 10 alternates will also be drawn at this time. If any applicants remain that were not drawn into a Lifetime or Lottery position, their deposit of $675 will be refunded in full.
- If LESS than 100 but more than 75 Black Gold UBBI Derby positions are applied for, positions will be filled as follows: The first 75 applicants randomly drawn will receive a “Lifetime” position. The remaining applicants will ALL receive a Lottery position. ALL applicants will then be placed again into a random draw and randomly selected until Lottery positions are filled.
- If LESS than 75 Black Gold UBBI Derby positions are applied for, positions will be filled as follows: If there are less than 75 applicants, ALL applicants will receive a Lifetime position. All applicants will then be placed into a random draw and randomly selected until all Lifetime and Lottery positions are filled.
- If there were less than 75 Lifetime applicants in 2011, those applicants will retain their Lifetime position unless sold to someone else. Available Lifetime positions will be re-offered as Lifetime positions again in 2012. After determining Lifetime positions, remaining applicants will be eligible for a 2012 Lottery position.
Applications will be screened and approved and the drawing for both the Lifetime and Lottery positions will be conducted and posted no later than Wednesday, September 7th. Bulls will have to be named and entered and ALL fees paid by Friday, September 16th! Good luck and we look forward to seeing everyone in Duncan, Oklahoma!
This event will also include the Gold Standard Super Select Yearling Bull Sale. This sale will be conducted by featuring each consignment with no less than 2 video trips of each yearling’s performance (bulls will not be bucked at the sale). Consignments are limited to the first 50 bulls selected based on top performance. Consignment Fee is $250 per bull and 10% commission or buy back. You may submit videos by email or by mail on DVD to the UBBI office. All videos will be viewed and the best 50 bulls will be offered for sale to the public. The highest selling Gold Standard Super Select bull purchased will also receive a 2012 Gold Standard Futurity position. The consigner of the highest selling consignment will receive a $2,500 bonus if that bull places in the Top 30 at the 2012 Gold Standard Futurity.